Saturday, February 7, 2015

Trading Dunkin' Donuts for real Dunking

I feel as if I've hit a plateau this week.  

My grades aren't getting any better.  
My relationships haven't been growing.  
And my improvement in basketball has been marginal.

So I decided to start a diet & workout program to help me get healthier and gain muscle to increase my vertical and bulk up.  My sister told me that I don't need to gain muscle, but basketball is a physical game, and so every ounce of strength I have over my opponents, the better.

I'll be starting this Monday(I have an obsession of starting things on Monday).  My goal is to go from a 30 inch vertical at 148 lbs to a 35 inch vertical at 160 lbs by the end of April.

I know it sounds crazy.  5 inches and 12 lbs in a little less than 3 months.

But as Philippians 4:13 says,
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

For my diet, I'll eat more protein and more vegetables while cutting down on fruits and fats.  I'll completely stop eating sweets(cake, ice cream) and any drink other than water, green tea, and milk(meaning no monster, sadly).  Except for Sunday night, that's my cheat meal.

For weights I'll be using the equipment I have at home, 5 days a week.  

And for accountability, well, you'll help me out on that ;).

And here we are again, moments away from parting.
I hate these.
I just get the dreary feeling that I might not see any of you again.

So let's make this easy.  I'll post one blog every Saturday(so you know when to come back).  Considering how much I procrastinate, it'll probably come out after dinner(for me that's around 7-8:00).

And that's it!  I'm looking forward to seeing you again next Saturday!

Aaron Chan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfO3CY4KFhk (Click on it, it's a new video every week)

No comments:

Post a Comment