Saturday, February 21, 2015

150 lbs. FINALLY

I have mixed feelings about this post.

I know I'll have to talk about something I'm not really proud of, my team's first loss last Sunday.

It was an extremely close game, with a 3 point difference at less than 30 seconds left in the game.  We should have run this team out of the gym, as we had a 10 point lead in the first half.

But as a famous philosopher once said, "It's not always about winning, sometimes losing teaches a lot more than winning."

I can definitely relate to that, I learned a lot from this game.  Although I did score a season high of 16 points, I made a lot of mistakes that I will learn from and not repeat.  Apart from that, I think this game was vital to our development as a team, giving us the burning desire to get stronger and win the championship again.


It's been 2 weeks since the start of my diet, and I've gained slightly more than 2 pounds already, reaching a little above 150 lbs..  I haven't measured my vertical, which I'm planning to do tomorrow.

I think the diet has helped me a lot.  I feel more focused at school and my grades are getting slightly better.

My hip has almost completely healed but my ankle is still recovering.  I recently injured my right fifth finger, which to my disappointment, will most likely affect my shooting.

However, I'm thankful to God for teaching me many things this week, mainly that He is in constant control of my life.

There is always the possibility that any I could break both of my legs and never be able to play basketball again.  Yet God has protected me in so many so many ways I could never imagine.

Another thing that stood out to me this week, was that God promised in His word to give to those who ask.

It's never been in my nature to beg for something, because it puts me in a vulnerable position for rejection.  There are times where I would be afraid to ask.  Afraid to put myself at the mercy of someone else.  Afraid to get down on my knees and beg.

But this week, knowing the truth that God gives to those who ask, I've found myself randomly asking God for things.  I know He won't reject me.  Ever.  And that is why I find His love and grace so amazing.  I could never explain or express how much He loves me.

And that's all I have this week!  I hope you enjoyed this post!

Thank you for coming!(I sound like a cashier from walmart)

Aaron Chan https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8pmQhsoKgY5p4xXmRfWQqQ
Save money, live better.




No comments:

Post a Comment