Saturday, March 14, 2015

Living Life in the Fast Lane

This week has been hectic.

And last week.

And the week before that.

Life is going so fast, 
the days are passing in a haze.

I don't even have the time to stop and think about anything.  I'm just going through a series of motions everyday.  

Wake up.

Study.

Hoop.

Sleep.

Repeat.

I'm doing what I've always wanted to do.  Yet, something doesn't feel fulfilled.  I feel like I'm just walking and walking monotonously.  Never finding rest.  Never accomplishing anything.

But I know one day the cup is going to spill.  Something is going to click, and all of the results start pouring in.

There can not be sunshine without rain.  No storm without calm.  

That's why deep down I feel gratitude towards God for allowing me to be here.  It may not show sometimes, I know.  Sometimes life just pushes me down.  However, while I'm on the ground, I look up and I see God.  And that alone gives me the strength to get up and keep going.

I've always remembered the saying, "If you can look up, you can get up."

I never really understood it till now, because now I can truly relate to it.

Personally, I believe this quote means that if one can look up, they can see all the things they are living for that give them the strength to stand up again.             


Finally, I want to address the two posts I missed last two weeks.  The first week I did not post because it was my birthday week :).  The second post I missed was because I was extremely busy that week.  

Next time I will give you all a heads up if I miss a post.  Sorry about that!

1 comment:

  1. Exactly. I too struggle with this. Instead of thriving through God, I tend to just go through the motions as well. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete