Sunday, May 10, 2015

Game Day

Game day.

This is what athletes live for.

And that happens to be today.

Game days are full of mental, physical, preparation, although they differ for each individual athlete.

For me, Sunday game days start with going to Church.  I get my priorities set, and I give myself time to mentally reflect.

Next, I eat a high energy, protein filled meal.  It will usually be a cheese ham double-egg omelet with spinach.  This way I can ensure I can perform at my best without a full stomach.

I take an hour or so to work on little details of my shooting form, but I take care not to exert too much energy before my game.

I then spend some quality time with my family, and finish off with some time by myself to meditate.

If I have time, I'll take a quick nap before I get on te road, but it's not extremely important because I should be getting enough sleep from the night before.

Now finally, it's game time.

This is the most important part of the day.

For you, it might be time to sit back with a bowl of popcorn and cheer, but it's execution time for me.

Everything in my day leads up to this, so when I finish this blog, it'll be grind time.

Starting now.


Aaron Chan


No comments:

Post a Comment