Saturday, April 25, 2015

European Basketball

I've realized something startling this week.  For some reason, overseas basketball just keeps getting more and more desirable.

Although my dream of the NBA still burns, a career in Europe sounds almost as great.
I like the fame and money that comes with the NBA, but sometimes I feel as if that will pull the focus away from the game, the ultimate love, the ultimate goal.  

Basketball in Europe isn't about the ooh's and the ahh's.  It's about team-work, and playing smart.  In stark contrast, the NBA is entertainment.  It's geared for the audience, so the more ankle-breakers, buzzer-beaters, and windmill dunks they have, the better.

So is my top goal still the NBA?

Yes, and it will most likely stay that way.

The problem is, everyone around me seems to want me to achieve other things instead of my number one goal.

Perfect PSAT and SAT scores, 5.0 GPA,  a clean room 24/7, a business or law degree in college, a IB diploma, the list could go on and on.

While I don't have an objection with that, I know I'm going to have a problem balancing all those with school, basketball, family, friends, and God.

Therefore, I've decided to sacrifice some things for the last six weeks of school.  I've recently deleted most of my social media on my phone, and I am cutting down on my sleep(Oh crap).  I'm going to follow a rigid schedule so I can get all my training done while still allotting time to study for my final exams.


For all of you who read my earlier blogs, you may remember my "diet".  Next week will be the last 7 days of my regimen, so I will post my results and my new goals next Saturday.
(Kale, spinach, raw egg, banana, milk, OJ smoothie)
Aaron Chan    

1 comment: