Sunday, April 5, 2015

"Some people want sleep more than they want to succeed!"

I don't know why getting up is the hardest part of my day.

I've been struggling with this problem for years.  I set my alarm for 7:00, but only manage to get up at 7:45, 20 minutes before my school bus arrives.

I don't get time to eat a healthy breakfast, and I sometimes forget important things, like my homework.

This always leads to a horrible day, and I come home tired and despondent.  I go to sleep late, and the cycle starts all over again.

If I can't learn to get up on time, my career as a basketball player is over.  There's no way I'll ever be allowed to "sleep in", as most coaches want you in the gym at 5 AM. No, not wake up at 5, but GET there at 5.  That means wake up at least an hour earlier to shower, eat, and commute.

So this month it's my goal to get up at 7 AM so I can read the Bible, eat, watch some game film, and still have lots of extra time to get ready for school.


Also, this month is the last month of my diet!  I've seen notable muscle growth in both my upper and lower body.  I touched rim for the first time a couple weeks ago, so it is now my monthly goal to grab the rim.  I can dunk on a 9.5 ft hoop, so if I gain a couple more inches I will probably be able to dunk on a 10 ft.

Yesterday I played my first PSA game, and we beat the other team 62 - 24!

I really like my team, we have some great players who could really make some noise this year.  They play solid defense and their offense is decent.   It's been a while since I've played on a team that can sub and still be able to execute the right defense and run the right plays.


Thanks for reading this update, although it's a day late(sorry!).  Oh, and Happy Easter, I hope to see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment