Sunday, April 12, 2015

AAU 2.0

This weekend was one of the worst I've had in a while.  A lot of things have been going wrong, especially basketball and my grades.  My PSA team lost by a couple of points on Friday,  and I played almost 5 minutes total.
Things like that frustrate me.  I hate losing.  I hate sitting on the bench.  And most of all, I hate losing while sitting on the bench.

When I got home that night, I felt as if I was reliving last year's AAU season.

As one of the few freshman on my AAU team, I played a maximum of 5 minutes per game, and I clearly remember that one tournament where I played a stunning total of 0 minutes.   0.

So on Friday night, I felt the pain of losing but most of all, I felt the pain and anger from the fear and slow realization that my whole year of training was all for waste.

It was as if I could see AAU season 2.0 looming just over the edge of the horizon.  The incoming doom and helplessness I felt was an emotion I haven't felt in over a year.

It was especially disappointing due to the fact that I was one of the top scorers in every game I've played in for the past year.  Even in our PSA opening night, I had at least 10 points, and played at least half of the game, helping my team to a 62-24 win.

However, I've learned some very important lessons this weekend.

I learned a lot of my mistakes I've been making in games, and I set up a new schedule to fix those weaknesses this month.   I also learned that everything rests in God's hands, and I should put my trust in him for everything I do.

So this month I will be following a new strength and skill training schedule,  and I'll be spending more time with God.


Thanks for reading my update, please come back next week for more!


Aaron Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment