Sunday, June 21, 2015

10,000 Hours

Back to zero.

The new episode of 10,000 hours.

This is a YouTube series that follows the life of a basketball trainer from New York in his pursuit of the answer to a question.  The question.

How many hours of practice does it take for  someone to become a master at his craft?

This trainer believes the answer is 10,000, and he is documenting all his training in order to test his theory.

This new episode follows his visit to China to create a movement there.  The 10,000 hour counter begins once again.  Starting from zero.

Likewise, on monday(the day the episode was released), I reset my counter(probably around a couple thousand hours already) and began to count once again.  In 4 days, I was shocked by how many hours I put in.  In a little over half a week, I logged 13 hours in the gym.  This was without counting the 5 hours I put in on Sunday.  Although I usually play this much, I never really understood how much I train because I never kept track of it so religiously.

From now on, I'll write the total number of hours I've logged since Monday, June 15 next to my name at the bottom of each of my future posts.  That way, both you and I can track how much I train with my performance.


Earlier this week, I pulled my right hamstring, and I had to rest more than usual.  I stretched and massaged it, and I took a few apple cider vinegar baths(I know that sounds weird, but it helps).

I don't know exactly why I injured it, but I believe it might have something to do with muscle imbalances in my quads and hamstrings.  A lot of the training I do focuses on quads, with not enough attention spent on my hamstrings.  I need to start balancing out my workouts so that I don't get severely injured in the future.

Aside from that, there's not much I can do except stretch more.


Recently, I started a new blog.  It covers the materialistic essentials of an athlete, so for those of you who have trouble finding the right active gear, you might want to check it out sometime.

http://techforathletes.blogspot.com/


That's pretty much all I have for you this week, so please come back next week if you enjoyed it!

Aaron Chan - 13

No comments:

Post a Comment