Saturday, July 4, 2015

Thank You

It's hard sometimes when I think about all the what-if's in my life.

What if I had started basketball earlier?  What if I had the best coach in the world?  What if I played for school growing up?  What if my parents valued basketball as much as I do?  What if I was 6 foot 5?

I could sit and complain about my situation in life, but that won't change anything.

All in all, the bottom line is that life is never fair.  It sucks.  At times I want to quit, to say it's too hard, that it's impossible.

I want to say that in those times I fall back into the arms of God.  I want to say that I think of some inspirational quote that helps me get through.  I want to say that I think towards the future and forget the past.

But I can't, because I don't.

Although I do know that God gives me strength to fight through those lows in my life, in my daily life I see him the most in the presence of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

They support me, they reach out to me, they give me hope.

So today I want to thank all of you who have been my supporter in any way(A.K.A. reading this blog).  I obviously can't list out everyone who has helped me in some way or form, but I want to extend a very personal thank you to a few people(besides my family) who have really been by my side through some of my hardest times(my day 1's).

Thank you Clement, Joseph T, Daniel W, Alex S, Ian H, Daniel K, Joshua C, Melody B, Ella B, Rachael M, Anna R, and Coach Drake.

Thank you God for your abundant grace, mercy, and sacrifice on the cross.

And last but not least, thank YOU!  The very fact that you're reading my blog is encouraging in so many ways.  I hope I'll see you again next week, but for now I have Independence day celebration plans with my family, so I'll talk to you next week!


Aaron Chan - 44



No comments:

Post a Comment